Friday, April 20, 2018

Poem for Mothers: The Water is Rising


The Water is Rising

Kisses, giggles, muddy toes
Connection of hearts and spirit
The water is rising, my loves
Let us drink it all in together

Pain, anxiety, endless hours
Feeling strained in every direction
The water is rising, I fear
I’m struggling to stay afloat

Capable, enabled, peacefully secure
Rain brings about my flower
The water is rising, I sing
Because of it I am stronger

Sacrifice, fulfillment, divine purpose
My role is so clear to me
The water is rising, I dive in
The immersion transforms my soul

Chaos, love, real happiness
We are such a beautiful mess
The water is rising, I pause
I need to sip, and savor

Growth, change, tremendous development
They aren’t so little anymore
The water is rising, I groan
Their time with me is passing

Faith, joy, humble tears
Oh Lord, I am most grateful
The water is rising, for me
Yes, my cup is spilling over

Cuddles, games, roasting s’mores
Little arms squeezed ‘round my neck
The water is rising, I embrace
Divinity surrounds these moments

Marriage, family, eternal blessings
His intentional plan is perfect
The water is rising, I ponder
It will ever lead me to Him


----by Erica Mears

No comments:

Post a Comment