Friday, January 6, 2023

My poem: Rooted in Christ


I wrote this poem 3 years ago and realized I never shared it. It describes my journey of the last 5 years.💛

Rooted in Christ

My roots are strong
I tell myself
I can withstand this foreign storm
Nothing can shake me
I will not succumb
but dark clouds continue to form
Now the wind rages
hail beats on my head
I struggle to breathe and see
I’m losing my strength
every strike and smash hurts
oh, but how can this be?
My foundation is strong!
I’m tougher than this!
I fear and scream and cry
I feel painfully shaken
my roots are trembling
I ask and wonder, why?
Should I leave this place?
Find safety elsewhere?
I feel scared and all alone
But deep in my heart
I know the sure truth
I must stay on my stone
For He is my Rock
my safety, my security
with Him I cannot fail
So I’ll dig in deeper
I’ll withstand the blows
my fears, He will curtail
The storm doesn’t stop
each day is a fight
but I grow in strength and faith
I follow the wise man
who knew where he built
storm raging, he stayed in his place
I’m committed to God
I submit to His will
His words bring truth and light
Though battered and beaten
I hold to the rod
finding truth is worth the fight
My roots are strong
my foundation is firm
yes, I’ll endure this well
For Christ is my hope
my light, my Savior
my King, Immanuel

-by Erica Mears

No comments:

Post a Comment